This collection highlights the life and contributions of one of Buffalo's most distinguished citizens in the first half of the 20th century. Thomas B. Lockwood was an attorney and businessman as well as philanthropist and bibliophile. He and his wife, Marion Birge Lockwood, donated the funds to construct the University at Buffalo's original Lockwood Memorial Library. When the building was dedicated in 1935, Lockwood presented his remarkable collection of rare materials to the university.
Funding for the creation of this collection was received from the Western New York Libraries Resources Council through the Regional Bibliographic Data Bases and Interlibrary Resources Sharing Program.
Please see our rights management information for policies regarding use.